The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.02.2009

muy cansado

Yesterday I got up at 4am (after going to bed too late) and flew to LGA and back. This morning I did it again! I didn't get much sleep last night cause I let myself nap for an hour or so yesterday, and because of a thunderstorm, and my body's clock not being set to sleep at 8 and all that. So I was really looking forward to a good nap when I got home at 11ish.
Well, it turns out, I didn't get home at 11ish. I got assigned to do a test flight on a plane we were selling to Air Mexico. AM had a rep on board and he had a big list of tests to take it through which were pretty extensive. So extensive in fact that we actually refused to do one of them (slow the plane all the way to stick pusher)! That flight lasted for about three hours and I was REALLY looking forward to getting home after that.
Well, it turns out, I didn't get home after that. I got assigned to repo a plane to Celveland and deadhead back. But the deadhead would put me 40 minutes past my drop-dead 16 hour duty limit of 9:15pm, so now I get to stay in the Sheraton hotel and fly home tomorrow at 4 something pm.
Cleveland probably has a lot more to do around the hotel than St. Louis, but I doubt I'll be exploring too much. I think I'll sleep until it's time to go back to the airport. Maybe I'll eat something too. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home