The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

5.11.2009

Jesus said

"Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?"
And now, 2000 years later, I am very grateful to my father for rescuing his son and his son's ox (which fell into a well while his son was riding it home) from the well.

I am currently bummed. I am bummed that my ox is now lame and that I have a huge wrench in all my plans, I am bummed that Caleb can't go to Iowa, and I am bummed that my whole "ox falling into the well" episode delayed Mother's appreciation lunch by three hours. (And I'm also sorta bummed that my body won't let me sleep past five a.m.; but it is helping me get a lot of stuff done, that otherwise would have been left undone.)

I noticed a curiosity at my apartment the other day. I have had bugs start trying to take up residence with me, without even offering to help with the rent! Can you believe it? The audacity! Anyway, the weird part is that they only started coming in after it got warm outside. I thought bugs tried to escape the cold?!? I've got a couple spiders in there now, and I think I better take a sword with me when I go back, because I left it dark and slightly damp (my sink never got fixed) which would be the perfect conditions for the offspring of Shelob to take up residence.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home