The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

4.22.2009

This was the weather yesterday


click on it so you can see the large version.
Had our first encounter with thunderstorms and lightning this year. Included for free was some moderate turbulence (yee-Haw!). After passing over one of the best views of NYC yet (The Empire State building was the only thing rising above the clouds) We shot an approach down to absolute minimums and proceeded to get stuck on the ground for an hour behind a line of traffic that was waiting for the T-storms to get clear of the departure area. After a VEEERRRYYY LLOOONNNNGGGGG flight back I grabbed a couple cokes and an OJ and ran to my next plane to do a Repo to Saint Louis. It would have been a mountain dew/vault flight, but they don't give those out on airplanes (I wonder why) so I was glad that I typically have a very low caffiene intake. (And I was also glad that I practiced staying up till 3, cause that's apout the time we ended up at the hotel this morning.)

I get to stay here till five and then drag myself home. It will be slightly unpleasant for me, and worse for whoever has to sit beside me because scheduling wouldn't let me get a change of clothes from my car between flights. ugg.

In more pleasant news, I hear that Columbus is suposed to get up to 80 today!

1 Comments:

At 3:36 p.m., Blogger C. Bright said...

Yeay for cool weather!
Boo on it making your day difficulter
Yeay caffeine!
Boo on getting stuck in traffic
Yeay 80 degrees!!
:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home