The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

4.21.2009

Ahh Life.

SO. Big things are rolling the the Josh world. I just got back from a fabulous five days of break this afternoon. In those five days many things were accomplished, including going to a sweet concert with the bro, Oystering with a super bunch of oysters (minus Jurries and and couple other notable folks), telling folks about my real home, and ice skating with a meteor and the sibs!

Today I was supposed to fly to La Guardia at 2, so I showed up at 1:15 to find it delayed to 3:30. Hung out in the crew room for a while, and then went back to the plane to find our delay increased to 4:10, which ended up cancelling the flight due to the Captain and Flight Attendant not being allowed to work more than 14 hours in a day. So I got put on Hot reserve (where I stay at the airport and wait. And get paid :) a lot. ) After waiting a while I got assigned to try to fly to La Guardia again at 6, so I went to the plane at the proper time to find us delayed to 7:30! Just recently got an update that pushes us back to 8 something, and better not go much farther because I'll either get in trouble with the 14 hour rule or the "you have to get at least eight hours of rest between work periods" rule. (Rest by the way, includes driving to and from work, and a bunch of other non-rest stuff, so here's to six hours of sleep tonight!) (Good thing I slept in a little this morning)

Another big deal rolling along is that the national HQ for our union (teamsters) went and changed the locks of the doors to our chapter's offices. Really! Apparently the fellow in charge has had some shady goings-on, and three of the four airlines it represented filing the paperwork to switch to a new union helped to alert the nationals that everything wasn't kosher. I for one am really happy, and from the general impression that eminnates from the fellows I work with, I think that most of them will be really happy too. Reasons why etc. are private, so ask if you want to know and think I trust you enough to tell you.

My schedule is really stacked up for the next three weeks (woo-hoo!) so that is a really good sign for things to come. If I can make it to November I'll have held down a steady job for an entire year! Of course Novermber is a long way off, so I better not speak too soon.

OK time to find something else to do for and hour and a half. Who wants me to comment on their post?

2 Comments:

At 12:45 a.m., Blogger Penjammin said...

Ooh Ooh! Pick me! pick me!

Was great seeing you and the fellow oysters, stealing oranges, and connecting online. Visit soon so we more perfect our mad juggling skillz.

 
At 3:15 p.m., Blogger C. Bright said...

wait wait wait... you guys *stole* oranges?! Pagans!!

and yeah.. sleep. After shamelessly ignoring it for nearly a week, I finally found it last night in the most wonderful fashion... ahhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home