The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

5.21.2009

Hello blog!

I haven't visited in a while. Mostly because I've been running around having a non-internet filled blast! Got to visit my dear sister and brother-in-law, watch my brother graduate, see Star Trek, go knife-throwing and gun shopping, and watch some astronomical collisions!

Yesterday I flew into LaGuardia and discovered that fleet week was going on. Apparently navies from around the globe sail in and float around together in the Hudson Bay. The fire boat was shooting water streams in a cool pattern all around it as we flew over. I wished I brought my camera. The only downer was that I was flying with a captain who has yet to not insult something about me as soon as he sees me. (Tip for creating a friendly flight environment: degrade your co-worker as much as possible) Anyway I stopped caring about his opinion the second time he did it, and now it only causes momentary annoyance.

Tomorrow I get to be a test pilot. Chuck Yeager watch out! If I die you can blame in on the mechanics.

I heard something like this on the radio on the way into the airport yesterday:
"The space shuttle crew is taking a rest after a series of five grueling spacewalks over the past few days."
Oh poor babies. Are you kidding me? I know a number of people who would DIE to get the chance to take a "grueling" spacewalk. No offence to the astronauts or anything, just the media. Be offended media.

I went shopping today! Amazing, I know. Bought a lug nut wrench and some food. Now I'm ready to handle my ox's mishaps on my own.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 a.m., Blogger Nicole said...

How do you get to be a test pilot?

 
At 1:38 p.m., Blogger Joshua said...

Because airlines like to know that their planes work after maintenance before they put real people on them. (That's why they test them with aliens... bwahahaha)

 
At 11:52 p.m., Blogger Penjammin said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home