The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.26.2009

I dreamed last night

about getting some vacuum salesman to come demonstrate his product on my floor so I could walk barefoot on it without thinking disparaging thoughts about what could have been on it before I moved in. Right at the end of my dream I slightly woke up and stretched my arms. Didn't register the pressure on my palm until too late, and could only lie there in horror as my floor lamp went crashing towards its namesake. It let out a sickening sound that was unmistakeably the dying screams of my super expensive low energy bulb (guaranteed to save its cost in electricity in two years). ( I only had it for a year and a half) I knew there wasn't anything I could do to resuscitate it, so I went back to sleep and dreamed of picking glass shards out of my feet.

In spite of that ending, weekend was very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed my Sabbath day. It snowed quite beautifully yesterday, a good three to four inches of lovely whiteness. I suppose it is time now to head back to my apartment and see if any headway is being made on getting my freezer fixed.

4 Comments:

At 12:09 p.m., Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe your next light bulb will last two and a half years to make up for this one. :-)

 
At 9:43 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

I love this post. Hilarious, Josh.

 
At 2:41 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

Those bulbs have mercury in them. Be careful how you clean it up! http://www.epa.gov/mercury/spills/#fluorescent

 
At 10:27 a.m., Blogger Joshua said...

To late for that. Apparently I'm as good as dead now. Goodbye y'all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home