The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.21.2009

My Checkbook



is balanced!

I finally reached 1000 hours of flight time yesterday on my trip to LaGuardia, and today I fly into Washington DC for the first time with Obama as president. We'll see how it goes. My last Obama administration flight had an AHRS Fail with ATT mode 2 realignment problems which in turn led to Autopilot failure on the way there, and Eng 1 Impending Bypass on the way back. Hopefully this Obama administration flight will be better.

I turned on NPR this morning when I got up and bet myself that the first word I would hear would be Obama. Instead I was greeted by a nice symphony and some words about who wrote and played it. Don't gamble kids, you'll lose.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 p.m., Blogger Isaac said...

Congrats on the 1000 hours!

AHRS failure... wowzers. Only ever had simulated stuff like that in training. I imagine things were just a slight bit more interesting on that trip. Be thankful for backup systems! :)

 
At 3:58 p.m., Blogger Joshua said...

It wasn't really bad at all since we were in visual conditions (at FL290) and since it was only the #2 system that failed. I lost all my display data for a few minutes, but the Captain's and the standby system were unaffected.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home