The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.19.2009

Got back from the Winter Conference last night

It was really amazing! Dr. Lefebvre talked about the law of love and how Levitical law can still be useful to the Christian today. He gave us a perspective of the judicial system of the Old Testament days that would allow us to better understand the law, and displayed how all those (seemingly useless in today's society) laws about oxen and shellfish and whatnot really display God's love for His people and His wonderful attributes of true justice.

Had a ton of fun catching up with old friends and making some new ones. Also, oddly enough (because I'm a horrible basketball player), I won two out of the three games of knockout I played! It must be because I can shoot well enough with nobody guarding me, but can't hit a shot to save my life if you stick a three-year-old in front of me.

On a side note, I found it quite interesting that even though Dr. Lefebvre gave his messages in a comparatively dry and unamimated style, they were very exciting, and created an enthuastic response in his audience. Hurrah for orators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home