The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

12.22.2004

Home Sweet Home

I know as a Christian that I will not truly be at home while I am on earth, but coming home is so sweet especially after my stint in the unsheltered world. I think they make college semesters just the right length. Just when I am beginning to lose hope that there is anybody at all who is striving after righteousness, or at least somebody who is not striving after indulging in every vice and corruption imaginable, I get to come home and get with hundreds of friends who seek to serve my Lord in attitude, conversation, dress, action, and every other aspect of their lives! And it is so wonderful. I'm back as a cashier at my former summer job. I'm a little upset because they lowered the starting wage, so I took a pay cut for being a dedicated employee. If they do that again I will have to quit so I can pay for my house.
I LOVE BEING HOME!!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Striving after and indulging every vice and corruption imaginable.” Yep, sounds just like Ross and Shu. And of course me and Andrew. Lighten up! Home is great, but everyone at Lafayette isn’t living a completely immoral life.

 
At 10:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

And those of us who are at home love having everyone else who's away around again. Wasn't it great seeing everyone at the CYA formal?

Oh yeah, about whether I betted a case of root beer or not, I checked your Nov. 8 post where people had started that. I guess my comment coulda been interpreted as betting a case, but I just meant to say I'd be surprised if your not married by age 40. Not sure I want to do that. How much does a case cost anyway?

~Nirmala

 
At 1:26 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

Ahh! It's all my fault. I am the lowly scum of the earth that draped Christmas lights across our living room. Bad Ross lol. But yeah, it is great to be home and the CYA dinner was a ton of fun, even though I was late by an hour. Hey, I did make it though.
That whole pay thing seems a little backwards Josh.... when you are missing the use if some limbs they pay you more than they do when you're complete. Guess it might be better if you broke something else but don't get any ideas lol.

 
At 5:33 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

I didn't mean you Kara. Or Ross or Shu or Andrew. I was only around you guys for like 20 minutes a week. (Not including church)

 
At 10:53 p.m., Blogger SaraY said...

Hey, I'm going to Purdue next year. Don't scare me too much, guys!

 
At 11:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe AT is completely different from Liberal Arts (in which case ya'll would have to take back a lot of the ridicule you’ve heaped on my school) but in all my small classes I knew at least two if not more fellow Christians. Aside from the fact that while at school you are surrounded by Christians as well as non-believers, I do hope that you’re around Ross and Shu for more than 20 minutes a week.

 
At 12:25 a.m., Blogger Ross said...

lol no Purdue's not that bad. There are some shady people up there, but there's also alot of cool, God fearing brothers and sisters in Christ. Which is just life, the deciding factor is how you choose to live that life as a man/woman before God. Glad to here your coming up Sara! Go Boilers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home