The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

12.13.2004

Flying in the wind

Is very fun because sometimes you can go backwards. But today the winds were so strong that they wouldn't even let me get in a plane. (They being Purdue administration) (Of course the wind was so strong I probably couldn't have trained very well even if I had gotten in a plane.) So I sat down at the airport all day and waited to see if the wind would blow away sometime. The only thing I achieved though, was a little studying, and really impressing the full timers down at hanger 6. It was kind of funny. I walked in for the last time at about 4:00 to scratch my name off the last slot of the day and make sure I was signed up for tomorrow, and Patty (the secretary) was like You've been here all day? (Surprised because we're not allowed to hang out in hanger 6, we have to go over to hanger 5) (They're to go good for us over at 6) And I was like Yeah. And Brian (one of the head flight instructors) was like: "You're still trying to get done!?" (Shocked and amazed) And Patty was like: "Yeah, he's the one who broke his ankle, and he's been here all day." (Said with awe) And Brian was like: "Yeah, I know. That's incredible." At this point I should have said something about that's what it takes to be Mr. Incredible, but I just mumbled something about Purdue making you stay for a whole week after finals if you don't get done and walked out. So I really missed my opportunity for fame, but it was still cool that Brian was visibly moved by my ***Ahem*** HHMHMH* "True Dedication." (To making this my last week of this year in Lafayette.)
Tonight Andrew came over and we all looked at a house down the street to consider for rent. Nice house. EXPENSIVE but nice.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for good weather so you can get your flying done and not spend too much of your break in Lafayette!

~Nirmala

 
At 4:46 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

The dedication is unparalleled

 

Post a Comment

<< Home