The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

11.12.2004

Mood Swings

So my day was blah, good, disappointing, great, super, wonderful, horrid, okay, better, and good in that order. Up to great were my various classes from getting up to study at 7:30 and not stopping until 4:30. Then I got home and opened a pair super wonderful cards from one of my best friend's mom, and Grandma. Then I opened another letter (from an insurance company based on the philosophy of the devil) that said that I was supposed to pay for the windshield of the lady who hit me. YEAH RIGHT! HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY DO THAT? I was incredulous to say the least. I went out and vented my frustrations into hacking a whole pile of brush into burnable sized pieces and roasting some hot dogs. They were okay. I thought it was cool that I could still chop through an inch diameter stick with one swing even though I haven't been able to work out for a while. Then Ross told me that the computer labs on campus should be open at least until nine, so I went over about an hour before CORPS to get some studying done. Computer labs close early on Fridays. But I did find a closer parking spot for the next time I want to head in there. I ended up laying (lying?) on the grassy mound outside HEAV and looking at the stars for about half an hour and then heading inside to read for another half hour. Finally the CORPS rally started and I got to see David and June again. Mr. Whitla spoke on history from a Christian perspective, and we got actual Psalm books to replace the four-Psalm pamphlets we have been singing out of for years. Then I came home and had dinner at 10:30. Now I am going to bed. Praying that all insurance companies spontaneously combust before I wake. Here is a secret message for the computer adept. I might write something interesting here next time. Probably not, but you never know.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”

 
At 11:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I went out and vented my frustrations into hacking a hole pile of brush into burnable sized pieces and roasting some hot dogs."
Josh,
I'm gonna be a twirp now and give you some "grief", you used the wrong "hole" in the above sentence! It should have been spelled, whole! OK now you probably really think I am nuts or something but oh well, I thought I would return the favor of correcting grammer:D
Talk to you later!
~Lydia~

 
At 3:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the familiar emotional roller coaster of life. Which can be quite annoying, but I suppose it's better than all downs?

Hmmmmm.......fundraisers. Aha! All you need to do is look disheveled, sit on a street corner with your crutches, and set out your cap. Surely there'd be a more than a few sympathetic passers-by? JK

~Nirmala

 

Post a Comment

<< Home