The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

11.01.2004

Half hour to class.

I get my cast off in 70 hours! If I go to the doctor and he says I have to wear it longer I think it might break me. I will grab him or fall at his feet and weep and be like "No no no no, please don't do this to me, I've been sitting around watching my body deteroriate and I can't take another week of it." But if he sees fit to give me a walking cast I will be like "O thank you thank you thank you!" and then I will go outside and run until my legs quit working and I fall in a heap, and I will sit in a heap for ten minutes and then I will run again until it is time for my next class. Election day is tomorrow. Get out and vote. Unless you are going to vote for the wrong person, in which case you should stay home. I think I lean more toward the doctrine of the OP church as opposed to the RP on women deacons because I was studying it and the Bible says "husband of one wife" as a qualification, which means that they would be men. (RP allows women deacons and OP does not) Tell me what you think. I get my cast off in 69.75 hours!

6 Comments:

At 2:27 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

Wow! hard to believe you're all ready gettin it off, and I don't even know what color you got! And I didnt' get to sign it either. Oh well.

 
At 3:16 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

oops. I forgot to say what color I got. You would have known had you come to the medevial dinner. It's orange. With English, Spanish, Japaneese, Korean, French, Tiwanieese, Latin, Slang, and art. For a total of nine forms of communication. It's even got a picture of Trog-Dor the Burninator on it. Complete with the beefy arm AND the majesty. 64.75 hours till I get my cast off!

 
At 1:28 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My church at home doesn’t allow women to be deacons, but I’ve heard arguments fully based on Scripture from both passages. The word “gune” in 1 Timothy 3:11 can either be translated “women” or “wives,” and in the context it could be taken to be referring to deaconesses. My personal opinion is that women should not be deacons, but that they may do much of the same work. One of my friends once told me that she thinks deaconesses should be the wives of deacons, and that makes sense to me and seems to agree with the passage. Both elder’s and deacon’s wives have important roles to play in ministering to the spiritual and physical needs of the women in the church, and if you want to call them deaconesses (though what you call elder’s wives I’m not sure) that’s cool and seems an appropriate title. I don’t really think that the passage is talking about women actually being on the “board of deacons” or whatever you call it, but I don’t think that it is nearly as bad as having women be elders or pastors.

 
At 7:40 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

When does the "Post-Cast" life begin?

 
At 10:23 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

I mostly agree with Kara's comment. I agree that there shouldn't be Women elders/ deacons, but that the wives of elders/ deacons do play an important role and might possibly be refered to as deacon/elder-esses. However, I would say that this role, rather than consisting of work much the same as the Man's, is different and complimentary.

 
At 10:07 a.m., Blogger Josh said...

Finally something we all can agree on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home