The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.20.2004

long post,, little time- read highlights

I had a very long day. I spent to much time getting ready for class, so I only had time to grab a trail bar on the way out the door. Between classes today we had a career fair down at the airport. Talked to a lot of companies (Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Southwest Airlines, regional ATA carrier, Lockheed Martin....) lots of big names, got some good info and tons of free stuff. Got a cool visor from Delta airlines. Two A-10s flew in! A-10s are among my top 10 favorite planes. Then went to the physics class and got even more confused. then on my way to powerplants I got a call from the lady driver's insurance agent and he kept me late making a recorded statement so I missed a talk from P&W and GE reps. :( I was able to grab a hot dog for lunch. And some southwest peanuts. I did some research on the computer for about an hour, and went over to hanger 6 for the start of my simulator class. Sim went pretty well. My instructor wants to impress me and he ends up not. He is not making me think worse of him or anything, but I wish he would show his skill instead of talking about it. A simulator is hard to keep coordinated with one foot, but I pegged a constant airspeed, standard rate, climbing turn right on the numbers! Watched a chinook taxi out and jumped in my car to head to a saftey meeting. We finally got out of the saftey meeting at 7ish and some friends invited me to eat with them at the dining hall. Got home from that and studied for an hour before Bible study at 9. Pastor Long talked about marriage and gave me a great reason not to do it. (It wasn't a statement against marriage, just my personal calling.) so I got home about eleven. I haven't taken any drugs for two days!!! :) :) (Monday really scared me) I don't hurt much, but I feel terrible. Just a general wearyness and achy feeling. Hope it goes away soon. So once again, I have babbled on far to long. Good night y'all.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

Josh! You didn't even mention the best part of the career fair!
The foooood. I love cookouts at the airport.

 
At 3:57 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

I only got the HOT DOG THAT I MENTIONED because I had class when the food was served.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home