The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.14.2004

Patience (Yay I spelled it right on the first try)

I'm sorry about the constant updating, I just get sick of study and this is my only option since I can't run around like a wild man anymore. (That's what I used to do when I got sick of study) (That's my secret for staying in shape) So I totally aced the instrument ground quiz because we got the teacher to let us look at old quizzes and the TA at the study session last night told us that they did not have time to make a new quiz so they were using one of the ones we had. Then I came back to the house and was totally dumbfounded. There was a Kerry Edwards sign in our front yard. (Well it was in front of the 930 house, but it is still our front yard) I am leaning toward the republucan view this year, so I really don't know what to do. Here are my options:
1. Sneak over and rip the sign out. Nope. That wouldn't be right.
2. Put a Mitch sign on one side and a Bush sign on the other. Hmm.. Where do I get the signs?
3. Make my own sign that says "Support killing babies and immoral marrage" or "Hate our troops" and put it next to it. Anybody have some cardboard I can borrow?
4. Go over and talk to the guys in 930 about taking it out. Two go to my church and they would only put it there as a really strange joke so if they put it up the would probably take it down, but the other guy is a self-proclaimed freak and is my greatest trial of patience ever. He would put up the sign just to offend people, so he would get joy (and therefore leave the sign up) if he found out that I didn't like it.
Now that you all know my political leaning this year, go look at this blog. Be warned that it is a little crude, but he has a very interesting play by play on the debate.

Back to Patience.
I think that is what God is trying to teach me with my broken bones. I really have a hrad time waiting, and now I am being forced to. It'll be good for me.

7 Comments:

At 9:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard anyone apologize for updating before. About the sign, I'm sure you haven't exhausted all the creative options :-)

~Nirmala

 
At 10:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Bristol Board, lots of paint, ink and rubber cement. Theoretically all you need to do is paint new signs and glue them over the original, although you could also temporarily remove the sign and just paint over it. It'd be especially fun if you do it around three in the morning. Everything feels so much more devious around that time. Just one thing - don't say "support... immoral marriage" because that would be calling it something it isn't. Homosexual sin shouldn't even be called marriage in the context of debate.

 
At 1:21 a.m., Blogger Brian said...

Yes Josh, keep the updates comming....
And as for the sign, hm...just burn it! Wait that woulnt be nice either.... :)

 
At 3:51 a.m., Blogger Edwin Allen Henry said...

I'm leaning towards Kara's idea. ;)
Hey - next time you get bored from studying send out an update to all of us folks who don't read your blog all that often, alrighty? - y'know - you could simply copy what you put in your blog and send it to us whenever you post! :)

God Bless!
Al

 
At 3:36 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

I don't know guys. I'm just a little sick of the foolishness that I see up here. Makes me just want to curl up on my mattress with my teddy bear and sleep until it all goes away. But that's not going to happen until judgement day (Oh how glorious it will be) so I better get out there and change the world like I am supposed to.

 
At 8:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

While we're being anti-Kerry, totally check out this ad: http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com. My roommate and I both laughed so hard when we listened to it.

 
At 11:57 a.m., Blogger Josh said...

That was really funny Kara. Sorry Ashley, can't say since I publicly dissed one of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home