The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.03.2004

My God is so great!

Worship services were such a great idea. A whole day for those who love the Lord to come together and praise Him for His great glory. This morning pastor Long told how God had so richly blessed them through Katie's surgery. The congregation was visibly moved. Then pastor Olivetti told of the Lord's coming justice and how we need to wait in obediance because God will hear our cry and wring ou tHis wrath on those who oppose Him. To which I can only say "Lord have mercy on us." Then I went out to plead with the people of America for the lives of unborn children. And said again "Lord have mercy on us." This evening pastor Blackwood urged us to run to attian glory, to be perfected, and to apprehend our final resting place without looking back and living in the past of "I wish I would had done this," or "It would have been better if." Then I came home and read Psalm 46, telling of God's promise to be my refuge and strength, of the Lord of hosts being with me. And all I can think to write now is How wonderful it is to serve the Lord of all creation and to exalt His name in the earth!

6 Comments:

At 12:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! That's all I can say. Life Chain today was awesome. For the first time, I didn't run out of things to pray for, and was really blessed by spending the hour in prayer, as well as thinking through what lies people believed that would let them justify such atrocities. One woman even came up to Pastor Johnston and poured out her heart, in tears over the guilt of having 2 abortions in the past, and feeling like God could never forgive her. Encouraging to see some fruit, but please pray as Pastor Johnston hopes to follw up.

 
At 12:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this is Nirmala. ^

 
At 12:17 p.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

Hey Josh! I'm glad you have had an encouraging day!! The best feeling in the world is when you feel near to God!

Wanted you to be the first to know - I changed my blog address to landofpromise.blogspot.com.

I love and miss ya Josh!

 
At 10:28 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

That's absolutely wonderful.
And I cant wait till Saturday..... :)

 
At 10:33 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:05 p.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

Everybody pray for Josh! See my blog for the details: http://landofpromise.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home