The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.02.2004

October: the month of manliness

It was so cool. Right after I did that post about wanting to play soccer, I was invited to play soccer. I played for two hours and wore myself out because I am getting out of shape. I was pretty sore yesterday, but I got to meet Mitch Daniels! I shook his hand and signed his RV in green on the passenger side mirror. Look for it if you see his RV. I wrote "Joshua Bright." Okay, enough over commentary. Last night the CORPS guys had a competition against the ladies retreat by hosting a manliness night and Charlie's house. I think we got more guys than they did. We grilled chicken and drank pop and watched a couple movies with very high explosion/chase/gun fight/karate to acting ratios. We also played some nintendo games while wearing wife-beaters. Not gamecube not N64 not super nintendo, but real have-to-use-the-blow-tap-reset-method-to-get-it-to-work nintendo. But I better quit now, so I can clean my room. Oh yeah I asked some questions on Brian's blog, so now I have to let anyone ask me three questions according to the rules.

3 Comments:

At 12:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I fell into Brian's trap too. But since I'll have to post it on my blog soon, why should I let others off the hook?

1. So how many guys did you actually have at you "manliness night"? (I'll tell you if you had more people than we did:)

2. What's the funniest thing that's happened so far this school year?

3. What Scripture has God used most in your life in the past few months?

~Nirmala

 
At 10:38 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

1 What do you like most about being at Purdue?

2 What's the best book you have read this year?

3 What your favorite meal that you guys make up there?

 
At 5:50 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

Nirmala
1. We had about 12 guys. (Note: I said guys, NOT people.)
2. I'm not sure about the funniest thing. Charlie Olivetti is a lot of fun. I'll have to think about that one.
3. Psalms. Very real.

Brian
1. The church and its programs.
2. The Lord's Prayer (Thomas Watson), but I started it last year, so for just this year it is Walking with God (J.C. Ryle). (report coming soon)
3. Best tasteing: Grilled BBQ Chicken. Oh Yeah. (said with very deep voice) Most made: A bagel and an apple on the way out the door and down to the airport. (no fix time and very few crumbs allows for about ten minutes of extra sleep)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home