The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.06.2004

The Life of an Accident Prone Individual

Okay where was I? Sitting on the ground and the cop was just pulling up. While we were waiting for the cop, the freshman that saw the accident helped me get everything that I needed out of my bike bag. I asked her how her first solo went and she was it was real good so that is some good news. Then the police officer hopped out of his car and told me not to move and that the ambulance was on the way. Well, I was just fine with sitting by the side of the road, so that is what I did. The officer got all the information of all the parties involved and one of my good friends from flight showed up and took some pictures with his cell phone. He took my backpack for me, and by that time the ambulance arrived. The EMTs jumped out and made sure that I was still alive and could feel everything. Then they stuck me in a neck brace and strapped me to a back board. There is not much more of a helpless feeling than being strapped to a board and tossed around. They tossed me in the ambulance and went to the hospital. Unfortunately, I wasn't injured enough for them to turn their lights on, so we had to stop at every stop light. When we got to the hospital they put me in a little room and told me that if I moved I might die or be stuck in a wheelchair for life. Then everybody left for about two hours. I was so bored. Finally a doctor came in and said my ankle looked really bad. He felt my back and took my straps off and said that I would not die if I moved. Yay! More good news. They x-rayed me and left for another two hours. So I sat around and watched the paint that was already dry. THRILLING! I am not exaggerating on the times either. I got hit at 1:25ish and didn't get to talk to the bone doctor until fiveish. I went over all of my scripture memory. (Three and a half chapters and two TMS sections) I was thinking about doing it again when the doctor finally came back in. (actually I was interviewing myself on what it felt like to get hit by a car) (So Mr. Bright, what's it like to get hit by a car?...) And I need to eat now, so I will tell about my surgery later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home