The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.07.2004

Pain Meds and wierd visions

Okay, so my doctor said that I needed to have surgery "if I ever wanted to walk on that ankle again" so after a few phone calls to Dad, we decided that surgery would be good. The nurses came and got me all set up with wires and tubes and needles (I still can't watch them put a needle in me) and sensor pads and wheeled me down to the surgery room. They started the IV that would put me to sleep and I think I missed something because everybody started laughing. The kept asking me questions so I was trying to stay awake and answer them, but the next thing I remember they were all standing around me and I was gasping for breath. It was wierd. There was all this air around me, but it just wouldn't go in my lungs. I don't remember having this much trouble in my other surgerys. I finally got my breath and got taken to a room where pastor's Long and Olivetti came to see me. And Ross and Shu and mi familia. I spent the whole next day in that room and feasted on hospital food (it really is as bad as they say). After I got crutches lessons (which I didn't need) they let me go. We first went to my house in W.Laf and Dad talked to my teachers and advisors about missing class while I packed up my books and clothes. Then we came home to Indy. It takes two tracks short of an Andrea Bocelli CD to get home. So for the past couple days I have been lying in bed and entertaining myself with hw, reading, cards, food and trying to find a good way to prop up my leg. Being immobilized is not fun. Until you add hydrocodone to the formula. WoooHooo That stuff is crazy. And no I am not addicted. You throw up if you take it on an empty stomach so I don't plan on getting addicted either. Well I have some hw to do. (I'm not sure I should do it though, becasue my hydrocodone is telling me that 6 x 7 = 42. ha ha ha. Can you believe it?)

1 Comments:

At 3:17 p.m., Blogger Charity said...

Wow, that doesn't sound fun. I hope you're not in too much pain! Can you still do your handshakes with your crutches? Haha! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home