The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.12.2004

Dreams

I've had some pretty weird ones recently. After watching the debate I dreampt that someone with a voice just like former president Clinton's (I never saw him) was telling me what was wrong with both Kerry's and Bush's foreign policy. That dream is still the most vivid, but I know I've had worse. Little things from my day all get thrown together and messed up. Dad brought me back up to school today. We stopped by the police station and picked up an action report on my accident. It mentioned something about me riding on the sidewalk when I should have been on the street. ARE YOU CRAZY? Ride on Airport Rd.? NO WAY! First off, the police don't ticket people there, so cars go up to 50 m.p.h.; second, the road is mostly populated by (no offence, but this is the way one of my pastors put it) little Asian ladies who can't speak English and everybody wonders how they got their drivers licenses (maybe by bribing the BMV?); third, the shoulder is about two inches wide. So you have little Asian ladies who can't drive zipping along uncorrected at 50 m.p.h. within two inches of any fool who tries to ride the road. Sounds like a death wish to me. Oh, and there is a bike lane farther down the road, and it clearly merges into the sidewalk, implying that all who were on the bike lane should now use the sidewalk. I thought about going in and hollering at whoever wrote up the report, but I was afraid they would give me a drug test.

3 Comments:

At 2:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I ride my bike on Airport Road. Bikes are supposed to have all the rights of cars, and technically it is illegal to ride on the sidewalk.
How's your ankle?

 
At 7:46 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

I am usually crazy enough ride on the road too. But the stoplight was wrong and I nearly got squashed by a bus on my previous ride, so I just happened to take the sidewalk on Monday. My ankle is still a little sore, but I go to the doctor tomorrow to find out how it really is.

 
At 12:07 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

I didn't know you had a blog Kara. I should have figured. It's very good. I guess it should be for a journalism major and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home