The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

8.27.2004

Great housemates and Stupidity

I have really great housemates. Last night, when it was around 120 degrees and 99% humidity, Ross walked past my room and saw all the sweat pouring off my bed, and he donated one of his fans to the keep Josh cool foundation. Then Shu saw me eating my lunch of green beans and some fig bars, and he let me have some of his Japanese food. Actually it was hamburger helper, but it was cooked by a Japanese guy so it counts right? Anyway, I had my first real bike wreck of the semester due to my own stupidity. I was coming down the hill in front of my house, and I saw Ross get out of his truck and start walking across the street. So I came up with the brillitant idea of riding as fast as I could towards him and making a steep right turn towards our driveway when I was right behind him. Well the speed limit was 25, and I should hve regarded it, because I was probably doing 30 when I reached Ross. (I don't know because I don't have a speedometer) Well, I started my turn successfully, but I forgot that road bike tires on a road don't have a much friction as mountian bike tires on terrain. So I leaned all the way over (like I usually do for all my turns) and my forward inertia kept me going that direction even though my bike was sideways. I slid about ten feet in front of Ross and started laughing. (probably because my subconsious was glad to be alive) Ross said afterward that he had glanced back and seen a biker coming down the hill and thought "That kind of looked like Josh." Then he heard a squeal and saw me go sliding past and was like "Yep, that was Josh." Life on the edge is so much fun. And I have a physics recitation TA who actually speaks english (unlike my lab TA).

2 Comments:

At 11:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better start applying some of that physics you are supposed to be learning.
Dad

 
At 4:05 p.m., Blogger Eric S. Filson said...

All I can say is that Josh very accurately described a very typical Joshlandic type of activity - or should I say sport. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home