The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

8.11.2004

flyin' high

I went flying again today. Flew all the way out to the middle of Iowa and landed in the middle of a corn field. (It was a paved runway, but there was corn growing within five feet of every side.) So I refueled and came back across the Iowa, Mississippi, and Illinois rivers to my sweet Indiana home. I got up to 7,000 feet when I found a hole in the clouds, but I decided I ought to go back down through the same hole so I wouldn't get stuck up there. Flying above the clouds is so beautiful. Anyway, after seven hours I got home and went to work. Nothing eventful happened at work. But I did get to IM Brad when I got home.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 a.m., Blogger Brian said...

That would be soo cool - flying above the clouds. I should say, you took a looonnng flight yesterday.
Which Brad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home