The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.31.2004

over the hill

You are reading my 50th post on this blog, which means that I am now a veteran blogger! or not
I may as well do something profitable with this post, so I will report on Tuesday at the conferance. Usual prayer and breakfast. Ate with Eric and we both decided that stale doughnuts do not taste good. Pastor Donnelly preached on "Called to Freedom" about the freeing freedom of Christians vs the bonding liscense of the world. Rich Holderman (sp?) from Bloomington addressed the college group. We were supposed to have a trip to Lake Michigan but it started sprinkling so it got postponed. Instead I had lunch with my P&A group. We had an almost awesome time of fellowship and catching up with each others lives. We also made some changes that will require more time from all of us, but I think are worth while in exhortation towards our call to be saints. Dinner was okay at best, but we had some great Psalm singing and a moving sermon by Pastor Long for dessert, so it was good. After Pastor Long gave a direct call to serve Christ wether it be right where I am, in a new work, in the pastorate, or all the way to the ends of the earth, the college group did some Irish dancing. Stacey and I both had really great partners (mine even had some Irish blood) so it was a lot of fun.
P.S. Pastor Long gave us five minutes of silent prayer and contemplation after his sermon. An act I would recommend to any and all pastors who are reading this. If there are any. If you are a pastor and are reading this, you have not commented yet, so I don't know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home