The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.29.2004

Saturday

Got up early. Loaded car. Drove to Filson's. Helped Eric load car. Tested radios. Left for Calvin. Eric only had a few hours of sleep so he started out in his van with Carrie and Angie, and I took Stacey in my car. (Dad's car.) (That I drive.) After a scenic route through Indy, we finally got on I-69 and headed North. Eric was worn out after the first few hours of driving, so we parked at a rest stop and put Stacey in the van, with Carrie driving, and Eric tried to get some sleep in my car. I say tried because he just finished reading a great book (ask me about it later) and he had to roll over every ten minutes to tell me something else he remembered about it. Well, we finally got up to Calvin, after a good five hours, and we stopped off at the registration tables to settle our accounts. After that we unloaded all of our gear and headed off to dinner. Then we attended the opening ceremony which was mostly just formalities and info, but it started out with a Psalm sing, and with nearly 1,500 believers singing God's praises up to Him, it was a wonderful experience. As I was standing there, I couldn't help but think about the time in Acts when twice the number of people at Calvin were saved in a single day. We had a college meeting, which was pretty much an introduction, icebreaker, and a bunch of games. I met Chris deVos, a Canadian citizen from the Seattle congregation. Went to my room, met my roommate from urban NY, and went to bed. (Which is what I am going to do now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home