The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.12.2004

weekends

I had a long and eventful weekend, so I can't go into much detail here. On Sat I went to the Calkins for a CYA meeting. We swam (or boated for those with casts) and played Ultimate Frisbee! Lot's of fun. Then we roasted hot dogs and listened to pastor Johnston talk about faithfulness. He had a really good message. Sunday, Mr. Treese continued his talk about missions. He gave out a funny, yet challenging paper called "10 ways to avoid becoming a missionary." One of the ways was something like "Get married and settle down into a traditional lifestyle as soon as possible." For the service, pastor Faris preached on Joshua 22. Just hearing the passage read gave me a thrill, because it was an amazing story of accountability, and how the church should deal with possible sin. Today I went to work, came home, and started helping Dad build a bedroom for Stacey in the basement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home