The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.30.2004

The Lord's Day

What a glorious day! Got up at 6:20 (5:20 our time) and went down to pray with a group of believers from all over the world. There were a few people from Japan, some from Ireland, Toronto and Ottawa Canada, and three of four of the states. After the prayer time we went to breakfast composed of scrambled eggs, overcooked sausage, and biscuits'n' gravy. I have been seeing more old friends about every fifteen minutes and it has been just wonderful catching up with them. At 8:45 I headed over to the morning worship service which started with Psalm singing and prayer. Pastor Ted Donnelly spoke on "Called by Grace." He asked "Who?" (God) "What?" (Calls), "Whom does He Call?"," Why does He Call?" and "How does He call?" One of the points that really impacted me was when Pastor Ted said that God is not a hard man, who calls for the pleasure of seeing us bow beneath His power, but is a loving God, who invites us to feast with Him. Of course you wouldn't wear rags to a wedding feast, so He provides the knowledge and power for us to cleanse our rags and beautify ourselves through Christ. After a quick break, the college group gathered in our little room for a sermon discussion and a testimony. I had a salad for lunch. I don't know why. Maybe when a body takes in so much spiritual food, there is not much room left for physical. Anyway, after lunch I went to another Psalm sing and saw Audrey as I was coming out. She introduced me to Laura and her friends from Atlanta. Nice people. So I caught up with friends all afternoon and got another salad from dinner. I am already grateful that I did not come to the conference for the food. For the evening service we had more Psalm singing (can't get enough of it), a sermon on "The Power of Congregational Singing" by Anthony Selvaggio, and a concert by New Song. The college guys had a deep talk on fidelity. The Spirit moved very visibly through all those in audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home