The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

2.09.2009

Sitting in Cleveland

With a cold. Crew scheduling decided not to let me go to church yesterday, and sent me to Cleveland instead. It probably ended up better that way, because I would have given whatever bug I've got to everyone there. Could it be salmonella from my peanut butter crackers? Possibly, but I doubt it. It feels more like a cold+chills on steroids. Somebody ought to ban diseases from being on steroids. I drank thirty+ oz of OJ and ate an orange in the past 24 hours, but it didn't seem to help much. (Maybe OJ is what's killing me)

I'm going to stop here and make a plea that you freshen up before you get on an airplane. Please, for the sake of all that is good and right in the world. I was riding up here and a fellow sat behind me on a nearly empty plane. Normally that would not be a problem, but this fellow was exceptional. I don't know if it was his breath, or just some odor surrounding him, but I had to breathe through a napkin for the whole flight to avoid adding my own unpleasant odor to the mix. I almost asked the people in front of me if they had some gum that I could offer to the guy. I think the last time I've gotten a whiff of something that bad was when Stacey found some green meat in the fridge at church. So, even if you are certain that you aren't that bad, please have a breath freshener anyway and help save the world.

I've got a new pet now. His name is Dracula. I found him in my bed and tied him up in a plastic bag. Then I put all of my stuff on a table and went through all my bags and turned my clothes inside out to make sure none of his friends would be coming home with me. The third-to-last thing I need is to have a colony of those little suckers starting up in my apartment.










































































In case you were wondering, the second-to-last thing I need is to be tied up and stretched out by my digits, while having my skin removed by a vegetable peeler, alternating with Chinese water torture, solitary confinement, and being beaten raw with spiked bamboo poles. I'm not telling the last thing I need.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 p.m., Blogger C. Bright said...

Oh dear. Nothing sounds as bad as that second to last thing! (Although, admittedly, being stuck with a killer cold in Cleveland and finding dangerous creatures in your room after being knocked out by oder-ful men in an airplane doesn't sound so great either).
Hang in there!
(metaphorically... please...) :P

 
At 12:22 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

Hmm, is Dracula a bed bug? or some other type of creature? ~Stacey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home