The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.29.2009

ICE COLD

So that ice storm turned out to be more than Columbus could handle. We were put under snow emergency (unnecessary traffic highly discouraged) and the library was closed so I couldn't get my fix of access to the world or post yesterday's bit of fun until today. I reached epic proportions of cabin fever (ended up running out and defeating an ice cyclops to vent it). It seems that Indianapolis is much more adequately equipped to handle snow than Columbus. They can't even keep the highways clear out here.

Anyway, I got called out on a trip this morning and dead-headed to Cincinnati to start it off. Saw a giant fleet of DHL planes (may they rust in peace). My captain and I were talking about how very nice it is to have a job where we can see the sun in the winter. It really is great. LaGuardians didn't even need to fly to see the sun though, they had clear skies all day.

My stomach is telling me that it's time to go home and eat now, so I'll catch y'all tomorrow in Richmond.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 p.m., Blogger Nicole said...

I didn't comment on your other post because I'm really into writing poetry, but anway, that's a really pretty picture. I 'm glad that humans aren't snakes or arachnids too :)

 
At 10:27 p.m., Blogger Nicole said...

whoops, I meant to say that I'm NOT really into writing poetry :p

 
At 1:18 a.m., Blogger C. Bright said...

Sorry to hear about epic cabin fever, can't imagine that that's a pleasant disease at all to be suffering from. I believe the muppets diagnosed it at one point in one of their movies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home