The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

2.11.2009

I was thinking of someting clever

as I walked into the library, but someone else had it on hold and I had to return it before I could write it on here. Give me a few weeks to find it again. (I don't even remember the title so it might be hard)

My check engine light is out. However, since it has been on since I bought the car and I haven't done anything differently, I think there was a change in the status of my light bulb and not my engine. Just a hunch. It'll be nice not having that thing shine in my eyes when I drive at night.

I start my recurrent ground training on Monday, and could potentially be learning a new airplane on the 2nd of March. It would be kind of cool to get three type ratings in three years, but I'm sure I won't be saying that two months into the training if I do have to go.

That's all for now.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

If your car runs well and yet the check engine light is on, it seems that it is almost always the O2 sensor. I took a automotive technical class at college during high school, and we'd always check every check engine light. I'd say 4 out of 5 was due to the 02 sensor. What is worse is that even if you replace the O2 sensor, the conditions that cause it to go out originally seem to make it go out again very quickly. Unless you can tell that the car is running poorly, there's no need to replace it, imo.

Depending on your car, you might be able to find out the trouble code just by turning your key over and watching your dash lights. If not, a place like Autozone will usually check it for free. Just google to see if you can do it on your own.

-Joel

 
At 1:09 p.m., Blogger Joshua said...

I had autozone check it before I bought it (c'mon man, I might be crazy, but I'm not a moron) :)
and decided not to do anything about it then.

 
At 8:23 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

So what did Autozone say the problem was?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home