The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.26.2008

Back in Cincinnati again

Calvin was AWESOME. I did some amazingly cool things I've never done before and had a general blast. It was very encouraging and refreshing. My faith was strengthened and it was soooo great to see tons of old friends again. I also got to meet some new people, which will make Calvin 2012 even more eagerly anticipated.
I was planning to leave Indy by 9pm to get down here, but familial obligations (playing random made-up shoe throwing games with Nicole) and packing delayed that a bit. Then I had to jump my car because it decided to try to lock the doors for 24hrs and kill that battery, and then I discovered that my rear-view-mirror was on the floor and not on the window where it should be. So I ended up leaving about 11 o'clock and driving mirrorless until 12. Then I decided it would be safest to sleep a bit, so I pulled into a rest park and slept until 430ish and got here at 530 this morning.
I then made up for all of last week and slept till noon before I unloaded my car. Scheduling didn't use me today, so I could have played in our church softball game against Lafayette, but since they did call me about a trip starting tomorrow (puke) the heart attack I would have had probably wouldn't be worth it.
Red Squadron and the Star Destroyers are all doing fine and living peacefully, and Ted (our algae eater) has had a heyday on the sides of the fish tank. They used to be green, but now they are clear. I'm actually a little surprised that he hasn't died from overeating.
I didn't take many picture because I left my camera batteries at home (doh!) but I'll post a few from my phone later if they are good enough. If you want to see a lot you should be friends with Nathan Curtis and Christopher Dean on facebook.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 a.m., Blogger Alaina said...

It was great to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home