The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.14.2008

1 year!

Well it's been exactly 1 year since my first real commercial flight! I've more than tripled my flight time (up to 781 now) and expanded my view of the United States immensely. But it looks like this whole thing is about to come crashing down in the next month or so, as Republic is about to furlough 200 pilots. ppppbbbbsssshhhhhh. Of course nothing is certain yet, so there is a small chance that it will all blow past as a bunch of pilots decide that all the being away from family + low pay + uncertainty on everything isn't worth it and quit for a stable job. (Why they would want to muck stables instead of flying is beyond me) But in all likelihood, I'll be looking for a job in two months or less. In actuality I won't be too extremely disappointed if it does go through. Missing church for the last three weeks has been really draining to say the least. It might be nice to have a steady schedule for a change (especially if we get it worked out that furloughed guys still have their travel privileges). Took a bunch of pictures on my last trip just in case I don't get much of a chance in the future.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 p.m., Blogger C. Bright said...

I hear ya about missing church being draining, I was just talking with someone about how we really do need that every 7 days! How merciful God was to command and teach us how to do that!

But praps being saturated in daily worship for a few days will help revivify you! (I had to look that word up...)

 
At 10:55 p.m., Blogger Alaina said...

I am so sorry about the bad news. I hope it will blow over. I also hope that you will be able to go to church! Calvin will be awesome! We'll see you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home