The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.21.2008

random things

I like to make my own recipes. Today I got most of the main ingredients for two of my favorite chicken dishes and dumped them together in proportions that looked good to me and then I baked it. It turned out better than I expected. Not like my johnny cakes:

I don't know what I did wrong, but they didn't rise at all.

This is my street when it floods:


And these are three UPS trucks going down the road like a special forces team on a mission:


Now to a flying photo shoot:
I got to fly Embraer's 800th plane the other day:


The little green arrow at the top means I'm flying because it is pointed to the right.


Mostly I just look at the instruments like this:

and they do their thing and when we get out of the clouds our destination is magically right there in front of us.

Or maybe it is still really far away because we are at 36,000 feet:


Here is a baby thunderstorm trying to suck up all the clouds around it so it can grow to be big and strong:

1 Comments:

At 9:46 p.m., Blogger Isaac said...

Couple things...

What model of David Clark headset is that? I'm guessing that's an H10-series of some sort, but I'm trying to think which one it is. Bah. Brain isn't working. :P

Also, that picture of the main flight display made me look twice. :) I'm used to seeing a glass panel with numbers like 100-130 on the airspeed and nothing above about 8000 on the altitude. Just so you know, the plane can go higher than 8000, but I just haven't taken it higher yet. :D

Great pics! Looking forward to seeing you at Calvin. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home