The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.20.2008

I woke up this morning

at about 7 and got ready to wander down to the breakfast at the hotel. I had just finished flattening my hair when Crew Scheduling called. She told me I had a 7:30 show to repo a plane to Columbus and another plane to Cleveland and then deadhead back to Cincy. I made her mad when I was like "There's no possible way I can make a 7:30 show" cause I guess she assumed I knew about the trip and I assumed she knew she was trying to get me to be responsible for a late flight by accepting a show time in half an hour. ~Just a tip for anybody trying to make a successful career: The best way to start your day is by making the people who control your life really really mad.~
After she got upset, I started being apologetic and everything, trying to defuse the situation, but it didn't help much. I actually set a personal record and got to the airport by 7:37 without even having a scheduled hotel van. I was in such a hurry that I left my $6 ribs in the fridge :( So I met my captain and we took off for Columbus, but about ten minutes after we passed Cincinnati, dispatch called up and told us to turn around because they needed the plans in Cincy instead. Now I am done with my day about two hours before I planed to be and everything is great except for the fact that my scheduler's day is probably hosed :( I really really REALLY hate making people mad, so I've been going through our conversation in my head all morning, trying to figure out what I did wrong. Why would they call me to tell me about a trip that I already supposedly knew about? Ugg this is going to bug me until the next time I talk to them.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 p.m., Blogger Penjammin said...

and now you have to post the conclusion of the matter too!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home