The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.16.2008

Laundry

is hot. I started it at 11:30ish and just got done at 6, but that included a nice break about halfway through ironing my shirts to let the apartment cool down. I've been looking for pictures from my ski trip with CORPS, because I can only find the four that I posted on here long ago. I hope my only copies weren't deleted with my Purdue account. I thought I emailed myself with all the pics that I put on the computers at school, but I might have missed some. ***feeling of dread***

to Re Question person and anyone who feels like joining in:
I like what you say. But I should have asked my question to go a little deeper. How far is contrary to scripture? Is it singing hymns? quite possibly. Is it female pastors? definitely. Instruments? God only knows.

The churches I've been going to seem to disagree mostly on points of great debate among people who have their basic Christianity down pretty well~ which is why I mentioned fellowship of the Saints. I really believe that most of the members (as far as appearances can judge) are true Saints.

After returning from one of these services and not really feeling fed, I did just as you suggested (before you even suggested it~ wow you're good!) and listened to an amazing sermon by David Reese I believe. He was preaching on purity of Worship and how it's not very safe to mess with something that God has a history of protecting with great vehemence. And that's gone and made me a little paranoid (if that's the right word). I've been thinking about jealousy and how it is probably THE most powerful emotion, being a mixture of the greatest positive ~love and the greatest negative ~wrath. And to provoke the jealousy of God will logically cause the love to tend toward the lovely ~Himself and His worship and the wrath to fall completely on me -or Christ taking it for me- but either way, it's not a pretty picture.

I guess it a catch 22 because we won't be able to worship God in absolute purity until we reach heaven -O Glorious Day!- but how hard must we strive to obtain the most purity possible here on earth? To the point of not attending a church that crosses your convictions? I don't think so. But it still puts a twinge in my heart that I can't ignore. Maybe I'm just the weaker brother here- stumbling at the liberties that God allows us to take..idk... God help my unbelief.



wow that was long. I haven't read it over yet- have to wait a few hours for that- so I hope I didn't just blather for four paragraphs.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...very good point.. When does it become "presuming on the grace of God"? When you worship God in an improper manner, it does affect your view of Him ... and that too is a very dangerous thing.
So .. what exactly makes worship pure then? How much does the outward going on's affect the inward being of the heart??

These are really good things to think about .. even for those that feel we are worshipping God as best we can here on earth, limited as we are ... and I know I wasn't much help .. at all, but hey, on the upside, at least you got me thinking! ;)

---Re Question Person

 

Post a Comment

<< Home