The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.18.2008

woo hoo!

I got called out for a Louisville turn this morning, but I got called off of it just as I was turning into the employee parking lot. I was kinda bummed because that would have been another airport for me, but I'm sure I'll get it sometime so Oh well. I'll just have to wait till the 27th when I get 3 new airports in two days.
I've got four days off coming up on the 23rd and I'm still trying to decide what to do with them. I could drive $$ home and take Caleb on a hundred mile bike trip to get him ready for the calvin tour, or I could go out to see Stacey and Joel if they will let me, or I might see if maybe I could go visit some friends in other states... hmm... choices, choices. Maybe I'll just stay here and do nothing. Ooo Good Idea Josh!
Anyway I got my bike fixed! I took it out for a nice ride yesterday. Found out that I'm REALLY out of shape. Or maybe I'm just a hoosier noob on Kentucky hills. Either way I need to ride a lot in the near future. Of course that will probably get my heart rate back to 30 beats/minute so maybe I should just be lazy and not risk it.

Re question person:
thanks for the comments~ they were helpful and encouraging. Do you remember the story of the gentile who saw the power of God and said something to the effect of: "When I go back to my country and go with my king to the temple of his god, I will bow but I will be praying to Jehovah?" I searched for it for a couple hours this morning to see if it had a conclusion or recommendation, but I couldn't find it.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 p.m., Blogger Michael said...

That sounds like Naaman to me (2 Kings 5). Though I think I'm in the middle of a conversation.

 
At 1:02 a.m., Blogger Joshua said...

you totally got it! I thought it was him and even Strongsed him, but it doesn't use his name in 2 Kings 5:18, so I didn't find it. It's weird though, because I did a blueletterbible search for house and bow and it didn't come up with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home