The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.28.2008

Echo was so so

Amazing! It was really fun to see how much they've expanded since I'd been there last. I never got to work with Nicole :( but I did get to work on figuring out how to use palm leaves to thatch a roof. I got to meet a REALLY COOL intern who worked with me on that project for a day or two. She was really nice and wanted to go into missions in Africa. I had a weird feeling that I'd met her somewhere before though. I never saw any alligators this time, though I did catch a corn (rat) snake, and got well eaten by various Floridian bugs. On my last day I was introduced to a new volunteer who was going to work with me. I found out as I was leaving that he was a humanist. I've never met one of those before. Maybe God brought him to ECHO for a reason. I met another couple there who had been part of ATI for a long time. I asked them how they thought it worked out for them, and they said they thought it went pretty well, so I let that subject drop right there.

I had to come back from my vacation to a world where I pretend to work on Thursday afternoon. Got stuck in a plane on the taxiway in Atlanta for 2+ hours because Cincinnati had to evacuate their ramp during a thunderstorm. I flew five legs yesterday and four legs today, went to three new airports (94 now) and got a pretty nice landing in Cincinnati (woo!). I've got another five legs to go over the next two days before I get back home.

My church in Cincy is trying to get a group to go see a Florence Freedom (baseball {below minor league}) game in July. Tickets would cost twice what I paid to see one of last year's major league world series team play in one of the biggest drawing games of the year. What's up with that???

I need to find one of those countdown timers online so I don't have to keep calculating the hours until Calvin in my head.


I'm off to create an ECHO facebook album now.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 p.m., Blogger Nicole said...

Everybody was really sad when you left, Josh:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home