The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.06.2006

I just went from having all the time in the world


to having a totally crammed week. I took the president and another couple to O'Hare this afternoon. It was a totally great flight (Captain Suckow said I was sounding professional on the radio at O'Hare), and it was supposed to be my last. But Twilla (the secretary) couldn't find a pilot for tomorrw, so I GET TO GO TO WASHINGTON DC!!! (IAD)
It will totally be my coolest flight ever, but now I have to plan it in between work and spent all tomorrow out East instead of packing for home.
Yesterday I almost died. I rode my bike to work (with my helmet on) and I was coming up on a stoplight. The light turned green when I was about 15-20 meters from it, so I sped up and kept my head up so I could see oncoming traffic that would block my left turn. I just got up to the intersection when an old lady came up from the left and just started cruising through the red. I laid my bike over in a massive swerve as visions of 6 months in bed and crazy durgs swirled in my head. fortunately see saw me too and hit the brakes so I survived. If I hadn't just been thinking about forgiveness I probably would have hopped off and had the police come take her liscense away, cause I was pretty upset. I was like "I am SO not getting killed when I am doing everything right." But I just rode on and let her finish running the light in front of another car (which she probably would have hit if she hadn't stopped for me).

4 Comments:

At 12:13 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

Double WOW! See ya when you get back!

 
At 10:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

women shouldn't be given liscenses in the first place

 
At 3:13 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

Ain't that the truth.

 
At 4:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

a blog reading mother said:
Get real "anonymous" and get a life.
Quit wasting everyone's time and yours in writing and sending ridiculous junk e-mail. We all have better things to do than read such nonsense. Shame on you.
Josh, your blog is great. You should be proud and keep up the writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home