The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

12.27.2004

Almost 2000!

I'm almost at 2000 visitors! It would be really cool if I got my 2005th visitor right at midnight, Jan 1, 2005. Anyway, tell me if you are 2000 and I will try to find something cool for you. So I was visiting somebody's house the other day and I saw a nativity scene. It got me thinking. Here's a question for all protestant Christians out there: Do you have a crucifix? Why not? Do you not have the same qualms about creating (or supporting) a graven image that differs from the crucifix only by (supposedly) showing Christ a few years earlier in his life? Not to mention the carven bullock and possibly a grove to go with it. You condemn Catholics for doing what you ten times worse just because you only do it for a month and they have them all year. I'm not excusing Catholics or anything, but at least they don't put an ox at the foot of the cross. I would start listing all the passages where carved or graven images (especially oxen) (some even starting out harmless) were turned into idols and commanded to be cut down and burned, but I need to go clean my room now.

4 Comments:

At 11:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like getting into fights with people? And do you really want an answer? Short answer, I have thought about it, I don't do nativity sets but I only have a problem with baby Jesus figures and not with the rest. I could explain why if you really wanted...

 
At 7:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one claimed 2000? It said 2001 when I got on earlier this evening, then changed to 2002.

~Nirmala

 
At 10:24 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

No need to explain Kara. I could possibly agree with you. But where is a nativity without a Jesus?

 
At 9:41 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

Alright, next topic. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home