The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

9.02.2004

Thank the Lord for Dr. Wile

If it wasn't for his book I would be failing physics already. Even with his help, I spent a little more than three hours in the physics help room today. Of course, most of the time was spent waiting in line for my turn to speak with a TA (teaching assistant). The book we are supposed to use was probably written by nuclear physicists who think like nuclear physicists and therefore are completely unable to write understandable material. And then my lecture professor is the head of the nuclear accelerator, and for that I hold him in high esteem, but all he talks about is how Newton's third law has to have two bodies and only two bodies, instead of teaching us how to calculate how high something must be above the ground to have 1/6th the gravitational pull that it would have on the ground. Then my lab TA is still figuring out how to form a proper sentence in English, so she is not much help. But my recitation TA is great. He knows how to teach and make you understand. My only problem is that his is my last class on Friday, AFTER I was supposed to know everything, and AFTER the deadlines for all my hw. So I look through Dr. Wile's book and usually get it on my own (or with a bit of Ross's help), but sometimes I still have to go to the help room.
I made a major mistake in food shopping when I came up here. I got all kinds of good food... that you have to HEAT UP in our NOT AIR CONDITIONED house. Sooooo I have been mostly fasting and eating my carrots. Hope I don't turn ORANGE again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home