The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

5.08.2008

here's something I wrote a couple days ago.

Birmingham Alabama. The city of weirdness. This is where I sleep tonight, after adding a couple more states to my list of places flown. Here is a smidgen of the weirdness I’ve found so far: I decided to compose a post, we parked at gate 2 when our planning paper listed only 4, 6, and 8 as possible locations, and the hotel charges 12 stinking dollars to get on the internet in my room (which appears to be free to guests and $3 to public in the lobby). Explain that one…. Also, at the Subways here, “No banana peppers” must mean “put on lots of banana peppers,” and I was quite amused to find that when I and the lady behind me asked for pepper jack cheese I got swiss and she got cheddar. The hotel here is cool though- aside from the stupid expensive internet, it is a really huge building with a well designed interior and a great waterfall outside. I don’t want to say that there aren’t any normal things here though, for example: I am saving this post in word and waiting till I get free internet tomorrow to post it. Good last Night Y’all.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 p.m., Blogger Pastor Brad Johnston said...

Hey Josh:

Glad to hear about your travels all throughout the nation. You make me jealous...I can't wait till two weeks from now when I get to actually leave Walton, NY.

However, the Lord is also using me/us in this place. Keep posting (especially, try to articulate what you are learning), and I'll keep reading!

By the way, visit my blog at pastorbrads.blogspot.com.

Brad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home