The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.24.2006

Blessed be the Lord

Who is sovereign over all!


On my drives to and from work I've started listening to a series of tapes that I've had sitting in the basement for four years. They are from a big conference on reformed theology and feature a lot of good pastors. Great stuff! I had a gold mine sitting down there, and didn't even bother to scratch at it. But in reality I think it gained a lot of value as it sat there, because I have to work to grasp the material now, so it probably would have been way beyond me when I first got them.

I wonder what would have taken me to Purdue and the best three years of learning and exponential spiritual growth, if it weren't for the aviation degree they offered.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

my wife hates it, but I don't listen to music while in the car. I've always got a sermon, a book on tape, or talk raio on. I travel some for work, so it is a time for me to think and learn. I have a pretty large collection of R.C. Sproul mp3s that I'm listening to right now.

 
At 10:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

We learned about God's sovereignty in philosophy today. Not just the concept either. My teacher is so amazing he doesn’t hesitate about writing up “God’s sovereignty” on the board and teaching 20 IU students about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home