The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

2.26.2005

Flood

So after a flood of my usual wacky and off the wall posts, I have decided to calm things down a bit. Maybe I will talk about what I've been considering in the Bible, or why you should thaw out ground beef before you cook it or something.
Or I will write of Aragorn as I promised long ago. The Two towers relates this as to the second meeting between Aragorn and Eowyn: "As she stood before Aragornshe paused suddenly and looked at him, and her eyes were shining. And her looked down upon her fair face and smiled; but as he took the cup, his hand met hers, and he knew that she trembled at the touch. 'Hail Aragorn son of Arathorn!' she said. 'Hail Lady of Rohan!' he answered, but his face now was troubled and he did not smile." After that encounter he stayed pretty much away from her so as not to encourage her feelings. Pretty remarkable guy. Gracefully distant. He knew the truth (his heart was for Arwen) and did not desire that which was not his (Eowyn) even though he knew it would probably hurt her for a while. He knew it would be worse for her in the end if he engaged anything besides pity for her pain.
Half of your ground beef will burn before the rest of it gets done cooking if you don't thaw it first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home