The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

4.03.2006

Last week I was looking out over our hill

and saw all our bushes still and brown, locked it the deep sleep of winter's icy hand. As I looked out I had a vivid feeling that everything was concentrated in a great exertion, straining against the cold wintery brown to break forth into a bright new spring. That night, as I slept, the rain came. Sweet and slient, each little drop was like a tiny key, disolving the bonds that held spring captive. Washing, invigorating, colorizing, it unleashed one delicate green bud after another until I woke up to a new woods. They were beautiful, vivid green, overflowing with birds and flowers, and smelled oh so sweet. Isn't God awesome?

And I really like the way HE made pigs too. Ross and I grilled up half of my ribs on Saturday and they were soooooo goooood. Andrew went shopping for like four hours so he had to miss them. Maybe he can get in on the next round.

11 Comments:

At 5:37 p.m., Blogger Andrew said...

Let me just state for the record that shopping was not my idea, and I was not told about the cookout, or I would have been there. I guess I can't complain too much though, as I did get free dinner @ Stadium out of it.

 
At 8:36 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

no, see Andrew, you are a part of the house and as such your total dedication to it and your innate sense that something like a cookout might happen on a sunny Sat. afternoon, not to mention an absolute distaste for going clothes shopping on such a day, should have added up to guarentee your attendance. So there's no excuse. I guess that means we'll have to put you minus one kudo.

 
At 9:36 p.m., Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

God is good! That is pretty amazing.

 
At 12:03 a.m., Blogger SaraY said...

Andrew you know you had fun shopping. And Ross, we rode our bikes to the stores. We totally appreciated the weather. And the good deals. Goodwill rocks :-)!!

 
At 9:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool

 
At 11:30 a.m., Blogger Josh said...

maybe he had "fun" but it was not worth the lost kudos, as seen by his reaction: "DANGIT"

 
At 9:54 p.m., Blogger Nathan said...

Definitely agree with Bek....

 
At 1:41 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

If you need any help eating the rest of the ribs, just let me know! ;)

 
At 2:35 a.m., Blogger Josh said...

I do! come up and help me.

 
At 11:37 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

When?

 
At 3:22 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home