The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

3.27.2006

I've been pretty busy

If you hadn't guessed already. I went home this weekend and saw Stacey one last time before her birthday. I've been conversing with Matt Filbert recently about going on a summer mission trip. I have to decide between a three week $1000 trip to Seattle, going to our presbytery family conference for one week (and being a counselor?), or staying home and working so I can pay for my college and hit the mission field sooner. These all seem to be great options, but I'm not feeling any strong leading towards any one of these over another, and if I go to Seattle I need to apply like right now. So pray that I would see God's will and be ready to follow it. Work is going really well. I learned in Indy so good ways to be open about my faith, so I'm working on putting them into practice up here. Pray that God would be merciful and bless my co-workers. When I was back at home we were talking about the way Sam's runs their employee shift scheduling and profit tracking and stuff, and our conversation went kind of like this:

Me: Yeah, all our sales info and stuff get sent to headquarters and if we are doing something wrong they call us up and are like "Hey, send some people home early or you will start losing money."
Stacey: Kind of like Roller Coaster Tycoon with the little bar down at the bottom telling you how much money you make?"
Me: Yeah, the Waltons sit in their bunker in Texas and play Sam's Club Tycoon
Dad: Do you see little pinchers come over and drop a guy with a mop when a kid makes a mess?
Stacey: And then he wanders around and bumps into shelves until he finds another mess to clean up.
Me: And when I take too long of a break the little pinchers come and grab me back out to my station.

So we thought it would be fun to make a Sam's Club Tycoon game. You could have different settings where you could run just one store in a city, or you could run the whole network and oversee shipping operations and building new stores and product selection and everything.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 p.m., Blogger Katie said...

I'll pray for you.
That game sounds like fun!

 
At 11:13 p.m., Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

Wow, that really does sound like a great game!I love samsclub! I would play it is you ever made one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home