The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

9.14.2004

squirrels

I really don't know what to think about them. They are a rodent pest up here outnumbering the human population by a factor of almost 1o to 1. They are overrunning the streets and sidewalks of West Lafayette. Every morning I must brake at least three times on my way to the airport to avoid hitting a squirrel. I would hit them to rid their population of the ones that are ignorant enough to go running out in front of cars, but I really hate to cause the death of any of God's creatures. Except mosquitos. DEATH TO THE MOSQUITOS!!! But I really don't need to worry because those little guys are so fast I had one doing figure-eights around my tires yesterday. Chipmunks however, are a real problem. They have dug up our and burrowed our entire yard. I am seriously considering buying a shotgun or a .50 cal and blowing the striped enemy sky-high. But last Wednesday I saw a baby chipmunk running around. He was about three inches long (tail included) and so cute. I knew I would want to destroy the little bugger in a year or so, but I couldn't bring myself to even think harmful thoughts toward him. Oh well. I guess I am just a big... um ... uh... I lost my word. Maybe I will edit it in tomorrow. see y'all round.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost scored a squirrel on my motorcycle this morning. Show no mercy! Death to the squirrels!
Ross

 
At 1:57 p.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

I’ll join you on the mission to destroy all mosquitoes. We need to come up with some kind of “Shock and Awe” strategy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home