The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

9.13.2009

Day 0

Here is the transposition +spelling corrections of what I wrote on my trip. It is mostly unedited from what I wrote at 10,000' after long days. We'll see if that did anything good to my brain. (Cause we all know it can't get much worse) Anyway, here we go:

Got up freakishly early and flew to Salt Lake City. The United guys in Columbus were great! Saved me $20 on my connection to Denver. It was really great flying in over the mountains, hadn't done that in a long time.

As opposed to the Columbus guys (or anybody else for that matter) the United people in Denver were 1st class jerks (as usual). I really don't knowwhat's up with them over there. I guess they never got the memo that they were out West and were suppoed to be laid back. Oh well.

GORGEOUS (no pun intended) ride down to Salt Lake City. I stared out my window the whole time. (Partly to spot good zombie fortresses) Saw a ginormous strip mine just outside of SLC and saw the great salt lake fir the first time.

Dave picked me up, and after changing out of my uniform and a quick bite to eat, we started out.
Went to REI's and bought a shirt. Then we went down to Cabella's for flies and a fishing license. On the way we hit a traffic jam of rubberneckers because a semi had flipped on the opposite side of the highway and blocked all it's lanes.

Made it up to Wyoming to sleep in a KOA mini barn (NOT Tool Shed) We distributed all the food and got our packs pretty evenly weighted tonight. After Dave picked me up I called him "Mr. Neel." He told me to stop because it made him feel old. I will probably take that as a cue to start calling people at church by their first names, even though I grew up calling them their proper name. If you don't like it blame Dave. :)






>>>After the fact:
The mini barn that we stayed in had a cool old-school latch, so we had to pull the string on the outside to open the door!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home