The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

8.26.2008

Home again home again jiggity jig.

I can't cook. I thought I could cook but I can't. This afternoon I messed up cooking rice. I mean how hard can it be? Put water in the pan, put rice in the water, and heat it up right? It works until you leave the room for three minutes to start a desperately needed load of laundry. At least I got my clothes clean. And then for dinner tonight I scrubbed a bunch of potatoes and proceeded to peel them. I was about half way through when I was like "Josh I want you to look me in the eyes and tell me why you spent fifteen minutes cleaning something that you are going to throw away." Try as I might, I couldn't do it. I don't even think all the king's horses and all the king's men could do it. ~Which reminds me. What's up with all the dumb protests in America these days? Any time somebody has a problem with something they have to go out and holler about it. Why can't they create a cool nursery rhyme or something? Ahh... the many problems of having a free press. But freedom is pretty nice though~ My captain on this last trip was a Cuban who made it to Florida in 94. It's guys like him that help me realize how truly privileged I am to be able to write this blog.

It was my leg into Cincy this morning and the autopilot failed at 3000'. Started giving us: "Bank Angle!, Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up!, and Landing Gear, Terrain!" messages. I was really glad we were in visual conditions in a familiar area so they didn't have to change my seat cushion after we landed. I only had to kick off the autopilot and everything calmed down right away. That's the third time the autopilot failed on me though. I think pilots will still have jobs long into the future of automation.

Still putting off those emails even though I have more now. Of course it is only seven o'clock, so I might catch up on some after I write a nursery rhyme about uncreative Americans hollering every time they have a problem.


hmmm.....
Little Georgy round and porgy,
didn't like Jammal so big and tall,
....

5 Comments:

At 2:10 p.m., Blogger Alaina said...

I cook but I'm terrible at rice - I don't know why... It's a little embarassing!

 
At 10:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the rice. I'm sure every cook has an occasional goof- I sure have! You can
probably remember some of them.
It's great to hear that Republic is hiring some pilots back.

 
At 1:27 p.m., Blogger Penjammin said...

keep up with those rhymes and maybe you could be the next white rapper! and then pay someone to cook for you. ;)

 
At 7:39 p.m., Blogger Nicole said...

One time I tried to cook rice...it didn't work to well.

 
At 8:39 p.m., Blogger Alaina said...

Okay, I totally (obliviously) stole your title yesterday. :) I didn't even realize it...I had been trying to come up with a "clever" title and was choosing between the rhyme and Back Home Again in Indiana. :) Great minds think alike or else I read your post and it stuck with me. Anyway...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home