The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

3.10.2008

Half way through sim!

Since my last update I've passed my oral, visited Joel&Stacey in Iowa, met some RPCNAers in Saint Louis, and made it half way through sim training.

Sim has been super intense, with a learning curve of astronomical proportions. Fortunately, we were fairly warned and so we really worked hard through ground school to get ahead here. Our instructor said our work has paid off and that we are way ahead of his last few groups, but I'm not sure I'm ready to believe him yet. We get the day off tomorrow, and then after three more training sessions we have our ultimate test of flight skills.
We did windshear, terrain avoidance and rapid depressurization/emergency descent training today. Pretty fun. I got a huge windshear and had to hold my plane at the shaker for a long time before I could out some altitude under me.

here's a quick shot of us in the sim:

and some sights on my way out here


1 Comments:

At 10:05 p.m., Blogger Isaac said...

That is one sweet simulator! Sure beats the PCATD at the local airport. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home