The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.02.2006

I finished a book the other day

It was Jungle Calls by Ron Snell. It was book three in a humorous auto-biographical series of his life as a MK (missionary kid) in Peru. He had the pleasure of being part of the first contact with the Mastes tribe (formerly known for never letting any male survive their presence)! It was nice for a quick leisurely read. Now I'm reading the autobiography of a great church father.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE SISTER!!!! she turned 14!!! on the 29th and it has taken me this long to post about it. Don't tell her, but I'm thinking about bringing her a present when I go back to Indy.


Work is making me go insane. I started talking to myself on Saturday and didn't even care that people were staring. It's still fun though. I get to review my scripture memory when I'm not very busy.


I got to see Nickel Creek live on Thursday!!!!!!!!!
I didn't think I was going to be able to go because I had called to get tickets for me and Stacey and they were all sold out. But I wandered over to the auditorium before the concert with some vague hope of scalping a ticket, and the box office gave me a free one that someone had given back to them!!!!! I thought I missed a couple songs because I heard music going on, but it just turned out to be Tift Merrit who was tagging along for the publicity, and who was way more country than I took I liking for. I did sit through the rest of her show, praying fervently that she wouldn't have to sing with Nickel Creek, AND I even clapped politely at the end of all her songs. But she left after about half an hour and we got an almost awesome show afterwards.


Sunday we did the Life Chain and we had a pretty good group come out to protest abortion. We got to stand right in front of the courthouse! Afterwards though we found that Blue's car had been burgled :( He lost the faceplate to his $250 radio and Eleni lost a bunch of cash. The burglars didn't take our Bibles (though they need to read one).

The Lafayette church ordained two new deacons last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home