The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.22.2006

Nice Day

Yesterday I slept through the men's breakfast at church. AAGGGGHHHH. I only remembered it this morning when they talked about how great it was. But the rest of the day was great. Dad came up and took me to Lone Star! Then after a bit of homework Ross convinced me to go see End of the Spear with him. It wouldn't loose anything to wait for the DVD, but it was still a great movie, so my 6.50 was not wasted. Which reminds me... America really is a land of materialism and instant gratification. Recently I've been taking heat for being too cheap. I'm like "What???" Since when is saving up for the years when it really counts something to be dissed? I mean sure, I don't eat top of the line food, or go see every new movie release, or any of that stuff; and people think I must live a miserable existence. But I still have healthy meals and enjoy a lot of free leisure activities, so I'm like what's the problem? Maybe one of you can explain it to me. OK enough griping. Church was great today. Pastor Long preached about Freedom in Christ ~how we are free from holiness, and how we are free to be holy. Then we started a new thing in the college class about worldview. I've kinda said stuff about worldview classes being rather pointless, so I'm really interested in seeing if what Jason Moore has to say will change my mind.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

A constant diet of corn dogs is neither healthy nor balanced :-)

 
At 6:48 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

But then again, there is nothing wrong with saving money, or being cheap. As long as it doesn't turn you into a miser!

 
At 10:10 a.m., Blogger Josh said...

How many times did I eat corn dogs last week??? 1. 10-9. -2+3. One. Uno. A single time. If that is my constant diet~ eating one time per week~ you can expect to see me dead by February.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home