The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

11.14.2005

Walking is fun

but I don't want to talk about that right now. I am also going to avoid discussion of the many tests I should be studying for right now. First I will whine about the Exponent: While free and just a college publication, I really think they do a terrible job. This blog has fewer typos than they have on a daily basis, and their comics suck like a black hole. Really. Whoever they got to do it is a little less mature than a Jr. High kid and about three times as disgusting. After a month of unfunny, crude, and bland comics they still haven't fired the fatuous fellow. Dense. Like a black hole. Also the columnists are despicable. One fellow, a certain Mr. Hughes, is outright blasphemous, irreverent, lame, crude and stupid. And if I ever get the chance to meet him I will tell him that to his face. Come on Exponent, I expected better from a college paper. Other than that, the weekend was very good, made some essential progress in studying, and laundered my money. My whole wallet in fact. Oh well, it needed it. Ok maybe I will talk about walking. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of it since I just lost half of the spokes on one side of my front tire on my bike. I really don't want anymore faceplants. Extra incentive to get a pedal assembly on my huffy.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 a.m., Blogger Josh Gillespie said...

You're just now realizing that the Exponent sucks?! My fellow Boilermaker, when I was there (and I'm sure this applies to all alumni) the Exponent had the dubious honor of being nicknamed "The Purdue Excrement". Apparently, they maintain their distinction. Their columnists (if you can call them that) are leftist hacks and the paper itself lacks substance. You'd think that a school newspaper that has turnover every four years (at least) would eventually get some good people there. I guess not.

 
At 12:12 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

I knew it sucked ever since I got here, it is just so much worse than before that I finally decided to write about it. Surprisingly enough, it does have one good writer this year. He only gets about half the time that the other writers get, but I was quite amazed that a mature fellow was able to break their ranks and get in.

 
At 12:00 p.m., Blogger Nathan said...

just thought i'd break up this disturbing "josh" trend in the comments.

the most interesting part of this is "i expected better from a college newspaper".

From my sad experience with college newsletters and papers, I'd say that if you were actually disappointed by one, you grossly overestimated any intrinsic value that the form ever had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home